Local Bicycle Shop collects and uses personal information that is only necessary for us to conduct our business as a provider of goods and services. The personal information we collect includes the information you provide when placing an order for the purchase of goods or services we supply. We may also collect information about individuals who are not customers of our business, but whose personal information is given to us by customers in the course of a transaction. This information will include your name, address and contact information, and other personal information you provide during the course of a transaction. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself, for example, when you complete an online form when placing an order, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. Please note, we will record your email address if you send us an email.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with bikes and bike related products and services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- To analyse trends in sales and bike choices;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested (see below ‘Third-party disclosure’.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc..
We may disclose your personal information:
- As permitted or required by law;
- To various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- To our third party service providers as well as to our related entities and brands; or
- To third parties who may require your details for your product or service to be covered by warranty.
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use.
Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org